Earlier today, ACItaly uploaded a lengthy video interview with Kunos Simulazioni Staff Member Stefano Casillo discussing the future of Assetto Corsa. Unfortunately for us, the 54 minute interview is spoken entirely Italian.
All is not lost, as some Reddit users have skimmed through the video and translated the main talking points – primarily the additional cars and tracks we can expect to see in Assetto Corsa as the 2015 calendar year comes to a close.
- Dream Pack #3, like the previous two premium DLC packs prior, will feature 10 cars and one new location, the iconic former UK Grand Prix circuit Brands Hatch. The pack will be released near the end of December.
- Version 1.3.5 will come with one free car, the Audi R8.
- Version 1.4 will be released alongside Dream Pack #3.
- While Night Racing will not likely be seen in this version of Assetto Corsa as it would require an entire engine re-write, the team are in the early stages of bringing Rain into Assetto Corsa, most likely seeing a public release a version or two after the game launches on consoles in the spring of 2016.
- Major multiplayer changes are “in the works”, but no concrete details have emerged as to what this may mean.
As for the rumored list of cars included in the third premium DLC pack, Reddit user Brains77777 has put together a partial list. I’m inclined to believe what I see here, as the Lotus 25 has already been confirmed by Kunos themselves:
- Lotus 25
- Lotus 72
- McLaren 650s GT3
- Mercedes AMG GT3
- Abarth 500 Assetto Corse
- Ford Escort Mk. 1
Only time will tell how this all pans out. I myself have lost interest in the title, so it’s hard for me to gauge whether this pack will be worth the common asking price of $15. Personally, I’m disappointed that this kicks off the start of yet another waiting period, where AC owners aimlessly sit around on message boards to kill time waiting for a major update that’s almost six months away.